Senior Advisor – Investment Fund
Adeed has an extensive professional career spanning over the last 30 years where he spent the last 20 years in C-suite positions focusing on private equity, portfolio management, restructuring & turnaround and M&A covering energy, transportation, telecommunications, basic industries, healthcare, food & agribusiness, financial and real estate sectors mainly in MENA, Turkey, CIS, South and South East Asia. His work in the earlier 10 years was around investment banking, project finance and Islamic finance. Below is a summary list of his professional experience:
- Worked at a multilateral, private equity boutiques and reputed international financial institutions.
- Held Board positions at a number of public and private companies in power, transportation, healthcare, food & agribusiness, banking and asset management sectors in several countries.
- Developed and managed several investment funds. Formulated investment programs, policies and processes; and collected and led investment teams.
- Raised sizable investment commitments from regional SWFs, financial institutions and family offices; and international investors. Established and led investor relations and reporting functions.
- Originated and completed numerous investments – both greenfield and brownfield. Several were proprietary originations identified through top-down research of evolving trends, dynamics and gaps followed by identification of attractive opportunities and credible partners, rigorous evaluation and creative structuring. Developed, structured and completed several JV projects in partnership with leading international and regional operators.
- Proactively managed large and diversified portfolios of investee companies. Provided strategic oversight, created growth and M&A opportunities, led restructuring & turnaround, and enhanced value. Where required, changed management, brought in new partners, raised equity and financing, rationalized costs, etc. Formulated value enhancing strategies and oversaw their execution. Established robust corporate governance, performance evaluation, reporting and risk management.
- Organized a number of attractive exits via private placements, IPOs and secondary markets.
- Led several successful M&A, IPO, project finance, privatization, fundraising and other investment banking transactions in various sectors.
- Have an in depth understanding of regional trends, opportunities, risks and competitive landscape. Extensive working knowledge of full private equity value chain.
- Have a network of relationships with leading public and private sector investors, international and regional operators, investment institutions and funds, banks, advisors and consultants in the region.