#RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019
27 Group celebrated its second-year anniversary at the Royal Lake Club, Kuala Lumpur in September 2019. We also organised our inaugural #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019 with speakers across various industries. The half-day event brought together close to 300 policymakers, industry players, academia and 27 Group’s partners in the nation-building sphere to explore themes on high-income jobs, digital agriculture, public-private partnerships and smart cities.
The forum’s platform for public-private cooperation aims to build partnerships, based around socio-economics and innovative models & technology, that can be scaled up to make an impact on nation-building projects.
Whilst celebrating the company’s second year anniversary, Mr. Girish Ramachandran, 27 Group’s Executive Director shared his calls for change in order for Malaysia to achieve greater heights.
He mentioned that nation-building projects need an infusion of human values into strategy, funding and delivery in order to deliver sustainable, significant impact in a balanced manner. He said that he strives to achieve this through his focus on Socio Economic Transformation, Innovative Funding Models and Development Integrators through nine transformation strategies as illustrated in the image below.
Session 1 of #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019- “Curating Malaysia’s human capital skillsets for high-income jobs”
1) Mr. Elanjelian Venugopal, CEO, Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF), Former Vice President, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
2) Drs. Karin van Zuilen, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Founder of Senz Strategy Consulting
3) Mr. Naguib Mohd Nor, President, Malaysian Aerospace Industry Association, CEO, Strand Aerospace Malaysia
Moderator: Mr. Saji Raghavan, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Former Country Director, Rolls-Royce of Malaysia & Brunei
Session 2 of #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019- “Digital Agriculture: The impact of blockchain mechanization & automation”
1) Mr. Mohd Bashirul Md Sidek, Chief Technology Officer, FELCRA Berhad, Former Vice President, ICT – IT Operations/Technical Services, Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation (M) Berhad
2) Mr. Ong Kar Jin, Strategy & Insights Manager, NEM.io Foundation
3) Mr. Azizi Meor Ngah, Business Development Advisor, Crops for the Future, Former Chairman of Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority
Moderator: Mr. M. R. Chandran, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Former Chief Executive, Malaysia Palm Oil Association
Session 3 of #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019 “How do we build effective Public-Private Partnerships?”
1) YBhg. Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, Executive Director, Hartasuma Bombardier JV, Founder of Subang SkyPark
2) Mr. Ho Chee Shen, Senior Advisor, 27 Capital, Former Director, EY Malaysia
3) Mr. Syed Ari Azhar Adlan, Director, Abacus IB, Former portfolio manager at Citigroup, UBS and Deutsche Bank- extensive global experience in capital markets and investments.
Moderator: Ms. Fiona Soh, Executive Director, 27 Capital, Former Director at EY Malaysia Specialist in Corporate Restructuring & Debt Restructuring
Session 4 of #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019 “Urban Infrastructure: Implementing the smart cities’ framework in Kuala Lumpur”
1) YB Fahmi Fadzil, MP Lembah Pantai, Communications Director, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR)
2) Pn. Hjh. Nik Mastura Diyana Nik Mohamed, Deputy Director, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL)
3) Mr. Hamdan Abdul Majeed, Managing Director, Think City Sdn Bhd, Former Director, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
Moderator: Mr. Dinesh Nambiar, Senior Advisor, 27 Projects & Chairman, Lendlease Malaysia
#RebuildingHumanity is not merely about creating the right environment for society to thrive in, but also about working to create a more positive, caring and considerate society.
27 Random Acts of Kindness is the first such movement. We invite everyone to participate in this movement, by simply following the 3 steps below.
Pick one kindness act randomly and perform it within the day.
Take a picture and share your thoughts about the act on Facebook or Instagram
Remember to hashtag: #RebuildingHumanity #27randomactsofkindness
27 Acts. Just pick one.
- Give a compliment to a stranger next to you.
- Take 5 minutes to chat with the next senior citizen you see.
- Pick up the next piece of trash you see, and put itin a bin.
- Smile and greet 5 strangers in the next 30 minutes.
- Call your mum or dad and say “I love you”.
- Let someone go ahead of you in a queue.
- Send an encouraging text to someone you know.
- Make a new friend today.
- Help someone carry their grocery bags, the next time you go shopping.
- Pick up the phone and wish everyone in your friends list whose birthday it is today.
- Pay it forward, the next time you have a coffee.
- Buy a book for someone else’s child.
- Buy a drink for the person next to you.
- Tell a service personnel how much you appreciate them.
- Compliment a budding artist or performer on social media.
- Offer to take down your neighbour’s trash.
- Invite a neighbour or colleague for a game of anything.
- Buy a little gift for a long lost family member.
- Teach someone a skill they don’t know.
- Cook your parents a meal.
- Do something to help a colleague or friend in need.
- Strike up a conversation with your petrol pump attendant.
- Pay for the meal at another table, without mentioning it.
- Learn a recipe from someone.
- Offer to take someone’s photograph.
- Pay for someone else’s bus or train fare.
- Invite 5 more friends to join our “27 Random Acts of Kindness”.