#RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019.
27 Group celebrated its second-year anniversary at the Royal Lake Club, Kuala Lumpur, recently. We also organised #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019 with invited speakers across various industries. The half-day event brought together policymakers, industry players, academia and 27 Group’s partners in the nation-building sphere to explore themes on high income jobs; digital agriculture; public-private partnerships and smart cities.
The forum’s platform for public-private cooperation aims to build partnerships, based around socio-economics and innovative models & technology, that can be scaled up to make an impact on nation-building projects.
Curating Malaysia’s human capital skillsets for high income jobs
- Mr. Elanjelian Venugopal, CEO, Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF), Former Vice President, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Drs. Karin van Zuilen, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Founder of Senz Strategy Consulting
- Mr. Naguib Mohd Nor, President, Malaysian Aerospace Industry Association, CEO, Strand Aerospace Malaysia
Moderator: Mr. Saji Rghavan, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Former Country Director,
Rolls-Royce of Malaysia & Brunei
Digital Agriculture: The impact of blockchain, mechanization and automation
- Mr. Mohd Bashirul Md Sidek, Chief Technology Officer, FELCRA Berhad,Former Vice President, ICT – IT Operations/Technical Services, Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation (M) Berhad
- Mr. Ong Kar Jin, Strategy & Insights Manager, NEM.io Foundation
- Mr. Azizi Meor Ngah, Business Development Advisor, Crops for the Future, Former Chairman of Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority
Moderator: Mr. M R Chandran, Senior Advisor, 27 Advisory, Former Chief Executive, Malaysia Palm Oil Association
How do we build effective Public-Private Partnerships?
- YBhg. Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, Executive Director, Hartasuma Bombardier JV, Founder of Subang SkyPark
- Mr. Ho Chee Shen, Senior Advisor, 27 Capital, Former Director, EY Malaysia
- Mr. Syed Ari Azhar Adlan, Director, Abacus IB, Former portfolio manager at Citigroup, UBS and Deutsche Bank- extensive global experience in capital markets and investments.
Moderator: Ms. Fiona Soh, Executive Director, 27 Capital, Former Director at EY Malaysia Specialist in Corporate Restructuring & Debt Restructuring
Urban Infrastructure: Implementing the smart cities’ framework in Kuala Lumpur
- YB Fahmi Fadzil, MP Lembah Pantai, Communications Director, PKR
- Pn. Hjh. Nik Mastura Diyana Nik Mohamed, Deputy Director, DBKL
- Mr. Hamdan Abdul Majeed, Managing Director, Think City Sdn Bhd, Former Director, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
Moderator: Mr. Dinesh Nambiar, Senior Advisor, 27 Projects & Chairman, Lendlease Malaysia
27 Group also announced its partnerships with The ASEAN Post and Think City Sdn Bhd on a #RebuildingHumanity column that will be launched soon. The collaboration will bring in a new breath in reporting data related to the socio- economics studies and smart urbanism of the people in the ASEAN countries. The teaming agreement was exchanged between Girish Ramachandran, Executive Director of 27 Advisory Sdn Bhd and Rohan Ramakrishnan, Founder and CEO of The ASEAN Post, witnessed by Hamdan Abdul Majeed, Managing Director, Think City Sdn Bhd, Azizi Meor Ngah, Chairman of The ASEAN Post and Tharmapalan Karthigasu, Executive Director, ASEAN – BAC, Malaysia.
Among the guests at #RebuildingHumanity Forum 2019 were:
- YAM Tunku Tan Sri Imran ibni Almarhum Tuanku Ja'afar, Chairman, Board of Directors of Lafarge Malaysia Berhad and Executive Chairman of Syarikat Pesaka Antah Sdn. Bhd;
- Y.A.M Tengku Syarif Laksamana Perlis Dato' Seri DiRaja Syed Razlan Ibni Syed Putra Jamalullail, Executive Chairman of LAX Global Resources Sdn Bhd;
- Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, Founder, Subang SkyPark;
- Tan Sri N. Puvanendran, Executive Chairman of Hot Media Sdn Bhd;
- Dato' Srikandan Kanagainthiram, Chairman of AECOM Malaysia Sdn Bhd;
- Datuk Dr. Choo Yuen May, former Director-General of Malaysian Palm Oil Board (“MPOB”);
- Dato’ Mohamed Khadar Merican, Director at AirAsia Group Berhad and
- Sr. Noridah Shafii, Director of CIDB’s Programme Management Office
All presentations will be uploaded in our website soon! We are also active on social media, so be sure to follow us for the latest news and photos/videos.