5 Questions with 27Advisory's Senior Advisor, Drs. Karin van Zuilen
Drs. Karin van Zuilen is a brand positioning and mindset change expert with a focus on organizational transformation. As founder of Senz Strategy Consulting and former global marketing director in the life science industry, she led and guided high profile organisations through periods of growth and change. Besides holding a Master degree in marketing, pharmacy and business economics, she is also a certified holistic psychologist, certified systemic coach and certified core qualities trainer.
For 15 years Karin oversaw the creation of business strategy, brand positioning, portfolio management and product development, as a global marketing director in the pharmaceutical and consumer health industry (Yamanouchi, Astellas, Asta Medica, InQpharm). She was responsible for leading the global marketing team and 200 marketing people (both local affiliates and distributors) in 40 countries. Her team achieved the #1 market position in 5 highly competitive markets and successfully introduced 100 product/market combinations worldwide.
1. Best known for… her passion to help teams breaking with their hindering behavioral and thinking patterns. This helps you to tap into your growth potential, improve your teamwork and increase your productivity.
2. Proudest achievement… getting positive feedback from the Management Team of VSM healthcare, Water Management The Netherlands, EW electricity generation Germany, FrieslandCampina Malaysia and many others, that since the ‘Engage for Success transformation program’ with Senz Strategy Consulting everything has changed. Employees are motivated to take initiatives, to give their best, teamwork has improved and productivity has increased.
3. The last 5 years…I lived and worked in Malaysia. I notice that teams are struggling with the same issues as in the Netherlands and Germany: many ad-hoc activities distracting from the core strategy, lack of alignment in teams, frustration, lack of initiative and limited innovation and motivation.
4. 3 essential values… first look at yourself, don’t point at others; always do whatever you can; see the potential in others
5. Rebuild Humanity… by finding and using your unique added value and contribution; as an individual, a team and a company.
Interested in a free 1 hour master class: How can you make Mindset Change happen?